Monday, August 3, 2009

MOSS Search - Content for this URL is excluded

I recently faced this strange issue, some of the content in a site was not getting searched, no error. I executed full crawl several no. of times, but without success. Then I saw this warning in the crawl logs: "Content for this URL is excluded by the server because a no-index attribute". Well for some items that were not being crawled the reason was my crawl rule was such, but for others like subsites itself could not understand what could be the cause.
Then I looked into search visibility of those sites, and found that indeed the option for this web to appear in search results was set to NO. How simple, but it took me 3 hours to come to that setting :)
http:///_layouts/srchvis.aspx

Sometimes critical problems have simple solutions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment