Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting an error like "The evaluation version of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for this server has expired."

I tried accessing User Profiles and properties in Central admin, and got error:

"The evaluation version of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for this server has expired."

Additionally when I tried using search from my site, it would give me some unexpected service.

The cause to these errors is insufficient permissions to WSS_WPG and WSS_ADMIN_WPG group users to registry.

Finally I was able to resolve these errors, here are my findings:

First of all open the registry editor (Regedt32.exe). you can open it through C:\Windows\System32. From there on the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Office Server\12.0 give read permissions to WSS_WPG group and full permissions to WSS_ADMIN_WPG.

Once done with this, add the identity of application pools in the Distributed COM Users grouup.

Do a reboot of the server, and you are done.

For reference go through the following post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/joelo/archive/2008/01/02/evaluation-version-expired-but-not-really.aspx

Happy Sharepointing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment